• English
    • Automatic translate


      Founded in 1868 by monks from the Abbey of Port du Salut in Mayenne, restored in 1923 by Cistercian nuns returning from exile in Spain, the Abbey of La TRAPPE, in Echourgnac in the Dordogne, is dedicated to prayer. Besides this primary vocation, she has always lived mainly from her cheese dairy.

      As early as 1960, to use the fruits from their orchard, the Sisters made gooseberry and apple jellies and popular apple pastes on a small scale for themselves and their visitors, who were few in number at the time.

      This is why, after the fire in its cheese making workshop in 1983, the monastic community, forced by circumstances to convert part of its activity, developed a traditional confectionery workshop producing fruit pastes and jams.

  • Français

Useful information

Location : In the countryside

Province : Green Périgord

Location : 24410 Échourgnac

Address

24410 Échourgnac

GPS coordinates

45° 7'41.2"N, 0° 12'48.43"E

We suggest...